What are the main differences between a Original Battery and a Generic Compatible Battery?
If Your UPS is more than 10 years or battery change more than 3 time you have to change you bettry.
Generic Compatible Battery
Ease of Replacement
Difficult, need more time
Type of Package
Battery + Casing
Low, may need to order 4-6 weeks
May be in stock for a long time, may lose 3% voltage every month.
Fresher Battery charge, may last longer. We will refresh the battery before delivery.
UPS Battery Replacement Service
Most UPS (APC,Eaton, Liebert, MGE, Socomec) will need battery replacement after 1-4 years depending on the UPS Capacity and Power Load. When it is time to change, most UPS will beep and flash the “Replace battery Logo” on the UPS. UPS used the Sealed Lead Acid Batteries (SLA) or VRLA (Valve-Regulated Lead Acid). They are either connected in series or parallel. You can buy two types of battery, original battery and compatible battery.
How to get the right replacement battery?
- Get Model of UPS
Battery Replacement Guidelines
- Never connect cells in parallel and/or series that are not designed for that purpose. A cell mismatch may cause overcharge and venting with flame.
- Never charge or discharge the battery without connecting a working protection circuit. Each cell must be monitored individually and the current disconnected if an anomaly occurs.
- Always attach a temperature sensor when charging and discharging the battery. The temperature sensor must disconnect the current on excess temperature.
- Only connect cells that are matched and have the identical state-of-charge.
- Pay special attention when using an unknown brand. Not all brands contain intrinsic safety features that protect the cell when stressed.
- Never leave the battery unattended while under charge or discharge.
- Do not charge a battery that has physical damage.